Aloe, how to use it for the face? Description of the plant and possibility of cultivation at home. Valuable properties of aloe for the face, limitations of use, contraindications. Recipes for masks with agave juice, helpful tips, and honest reviews.
Aloe Facial is a beautiful plant considered ideal for beauty treatments at home. Agave juice improves the skin’s condition, heals and moisturizes it, keeps moisture in cells, increases elasticity, is saturated with vitamins, and promotes regeneration. You can use agave for the face in its pure form and in the composition of masks.
What is aloe?
Aloe vera (translated as “bitter” because of the bitter taste of the juice) is a perennial, fleshy plant commonly called “agave.” Leaves, the length of which is at least 15 cm, are considered medicinal raw materials for the production of aloe extract, which is effective in treating many diseases.
The plant has truly healing properties and was known 3000 years ago. The natives of the Congo, Christopher Columbus, and Alexander the Great used agave in different parts of the world. Also, the plant was appreciated by Cleopatra, and she knew a lot about beauty.
Such a spread of the popularity of agave, including the use of aloe leaves on the face, is not at all surprising. The composition of the plant is saturated with functional components: according to official data, the juice contains about 150 valuable biologically active substances, including vitamins, enzymes, minerals and phytoncides, amino acids and essential oils, tannins, and polysaccharides.
In cosmetics, they use aloe leaves, an extract made on their basis, and fresh and concentrated juice of a plant called saber.
Important! Thanks to the juice of agave, the antibiotic barbaloin has been developed, which is used for skin diseases, as it can destroy bacteria that affect the skin.
Valuable properties of aloe for the face
Due to its rich composition, valuable properties, and versatility in using aloe vera for the face, it is considered an ideal tool for performing beauty procedures at home. It is not without reason that many beauty brands produce numerous cosmetic products based on plant extract.
What are the benefits of aloe for the face?
- Moisturizing … This succulent plant has good moisturizing properties in its leaves. Therefore, the extract profoundly moisturizes the skin, which helps prevent dehydration. It is essential to maintain the optimum level of humidity.
- It Fights acne and acne … Aloe not only moisturizes the face but also has a more severe effect. So, due to the presence of lipo hormones gibberellin and auxin in the plant, we can talk about the high antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe, and this, in turn, is the key to a successful fight against skin defects, such as acne, acne, blackheads, blackheads. And polysaccharides, also found in agave extract, stimulate the growth of new cells, which prevents scarring at the site when healed acne occurs. Thanks to this property of aloe vera for the skin of the face, you can also deal with existing scars. In addition, using the plant, you can achieve lightning on age spots.
- Reduces irritation and inflammation … Aloe extract has a soothing effect on the face due to the content of proteins and glycoproteins. This property is appropriate for skin irritation, damage, abrasions, insect bites, sunburn, and redness due to prolonged exposure to the sun and UV rays. At the same time, the previous property of the plant is fundamental – moisturize the face with aloe and keep it moisturized since damaged skin especially needs it.
- Acceleration of cell regeneration … It is known that the result of regular use of the plant is a rapid renewal of the skin membrane and an 8-fold acceleration of the formation of new skin cells.
- Anti-aging effect … The aging skin is characterized by increased dryness and reduced elasticity. That’s why aloe for facial skin is just what the doctor ordered. The plant does an excellent job of moisturizing the skin and keeping moisture in the cells, stimulates the formation of hyaluronic acid, and participates in the shape of collagen. All this contributes to regeneration and prevention of folds; the skin remains elastic for longer. Aloe for the face against wrinkles is also helpful due to the vitamin E and ascorbic acid content, making the plant a first-class antioxidant that prevents age-related changes and cell destruction. Thanks to these properties, aloe for the face is called the elixir of youth.
- Protection … Absorbent plant extract creates an invisible barrier when applied to the skin. As a result, you can count on reliable protection against environmental factors – wind, temperature changes, etc.
You can use aloe on your face at home for girls with different skin types, although this may cause doubts at first glance. The skin is sensitive to dryness; the extract will perfectly moisturize and clean oily skin, the irritated and sensitive epidermis will calm down and reliably protect itself from external influences, and owners of older skin can count on antioxidants, increasing its elasticity and freshness, and slowing down the aging process.
Attention! Western studies confirm the effectiveness of using aloe in first and second-degree burns and speeding up their healing.
Contraindications and harmfulness of aloe to the face
Aloe is a valuable plant with numerous medicinal and cosmetic properties. However, despite its favorable properties, agave extract can cause allergies as it is concentrated and saturated with biologically active components.
Therefore, check your skin’s reaction before using aloe on your face. To do this, squeeze fresh agave juice, apply it to the skin behind the ear and wait 20 minutes. You can use the plant if there is no redness and rash after this time.
Using pure aloe on the face for more than 14 days is not recommended. For daily use, you can prepare a cream based on agave juice. Masks with aloe also show good results.
In the presence of the vascular system, it is better to refuse the use of aloe on the face.
How to get aloe juice at home?
To make facial masks with aloe, you can grow the plant at home on the windowsill. It is not difficult to do. Agave reproduces by basal shoots or apical cuttings, which is not difficult even for a person who is not an avid florist.
For planting, a soil mixture is used, which consists of sod and leafy land with the addition of humus and sand in the ratio 2: 1: 1: 1. It also does not hurt to add coal and brick chips. When growing aloe at home, you should understand that the plant is light-demanding; you must ensure this condition. In summer, it should maintain moderate watering, and in winter, it should keep it to a minimum. Young plants need to be transplanted every year, adults every year.
To get aloe juice for the face, use large leaves; their length is at least 15 cm. The extract obtained from a plant reached 3 years of age is considered the most useful.
Grind them and then chop them. Squeeze the resulting ingredients and filter the liquid through a cheesecloth folded in several layers. Remember to boil the juice for 3 minutes.
It is recommended to use agave juice obtained at home immediately after it has been squeezed out, as its beneficial properties and action are lost during storage. After 3 days, the procedure’s effectiveness is ultimately reduced to zero and can only come through the finished product away. Store the cut leaves in the refrigerator, but no more than 2-3 days.
When using aloe at home, a completely natural question arises, which juice is better to use for cosmetics – fresh or chilled? Of course, new will be more helpful. Still, there is another option: agave is saturated with valuable substances during storage in the refrigerator for 10-12 days and becomes stimulated.
Recipes for aloe face mask
Aloe is considered a valuable plant for the face, it can use in its pure form to dry the skin in the morning and the evening, but masks based on agave are considered more valuable as their effect is enhanced by the impact of additional ingredients included in the composition. Objects are added depending on the focus you need in the method. Most often, honey, vegetable oils, dairy products, various types of cosmetic clay, egg yolk, and chicken egg white are used together with aloe.
The most effective recipes with aloe for the face:
- With sour cream … This versatile product is suitable for all skin types. To prepare it, squeeze juice from aloe; you need 1 teaspoon. You need to add an egg yolk, pre-whipped into a foam, and one teaspoon of sour cream. Mix thoroughly until a homogeneous substance is obtained. Apply the mask to the face in several layers with a wide brush. Each of them should dry well. Exposure time is 20 minutes, first rinsed off with warm and then cold water.
- With castor oil and egg … A vitamin mask based on aloe juice for the skin of the face is considered an ideal remedy if it has lost its previous tone. The mask is also great for oily skin types with large pores. To prepare it, you must squeeze out half a teaspoon of agave juice. Add a teaspoon of honey and the same amount of castor oil to the aloe. If it is missing, you can substitute olive oil. The mixed ingredients are added to another egg yolk, whipped into a foam, and a little oatmeal. The mass is kneaded until it reaches a rough state. The exposure time of the mask is 20 minutes. First, the composition is washed off with warm water and then with cold water.
- With clay … Aloe vera face mask moisturizes and cleans the skin perfectly. To prepare the product, you must squeeze out half a teaspoon of agave juice. You must add a tablespoon of clay and pour a little rose water and liquid honey. Stir the mixture until a homogeneous paste has formed. It is recommended to keep this mask on your face for a quarter of an hour.
- With honey and sour cream … Aloe is considered a real elixir of youth, so a mask based on it can slow down aging, rejuvenate the skin and smooth out small wrinkles. First, you need to prepare an infusion of St. John’s wort. Add equal amounts of fresh aloe juice and sour cream to a tablespoon of liquid. After thorough mixing, half a teaspoon of honey is added to the working composition, which must first melt in a water bath. The exposure time of the mask is 12-15 minutes. The mass is washed off with warm water; you should wash with cold.
- With eggplant … A nourishing face mask is prepared based on a tablespoon of fresh agave juice, 50 g of eggplant puree, and a teaspoon of honey melted in a water bath. The ingredients are diluted with 2 tablespoons of eggplant broth, which must prepare in advance. The mass is applied in several ways. After the first layer has been applied, you need to wait until the composition is slightly absorbed, then the distributed product is distributed. The exposure time of the mask is 20 minutes. Use a cotton swab to remove it. Then they wash your face with warm water, massage it with ice and apply a cream that suits your skin type.
- With carrots … To prepare a vitamin mask, you need 1 tablespoon of aloe juice. The carrot puree is added to it (you need to peel and grate the vegetables with a fine grater). The resulting decomposition is poured with a decoction of St. John’s wort – 1/2 cup, prepared based on 40 g of grass and 200 ml of water. The composition is applied to gauze, which is applied to the face and left for 15-20 minutes. It is better at this time to take a horizontal position. Wash off the mask with warm water.
- With pumpkin … To prepare the composition, squeeze the juice from the aloe leaves – you need 1 tablespoon. Boil the pumpkin and add agave juice to 2 tablespoons of pulp. Pour the ingredients with 3 tablespoons of the infusion prepared based on 30 g of yarrow hops and 200 ml of water and mix until the mass has the consistency of sour cream. Apply a thin mixture layer to your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash off the mask with warm water.
- With walnuts … To prepare the product, grind some nuts in advance – 3-4 pcs. It would help if you also prepared an infusion of plantain and St. John’s wort: pour 2 tablespoons of dry crushed ingredients with water, let it boil, and cool. Then strain the liquid and mix with chopped nuts. Pour in 2 tablespoons of mountain ash juice, and you can use the aloe face mask at home according to the instructions. The exposure time is 20 minutes.
- With rose flowers … To prepare a multi-part composition, grind the ingredients: rose petals – 1 tablespoon, chamomile flowers – 2 tablespoons, St. John’s wort – 2 tablespoons, lime flower – 1 tablespoon, peppermint – 1/2 tablespoon. L. Add 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe juice to the ingredients. Apply a greasy cream on the face, then the prepared mixture, and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash off the product with warm water.
- With glycerine, a mask rejuvenates the skin, slows the aging process, prevents the appearance of new wrinkles, and fights old ones. To produce the product, combine ingredients such as fresh agave juice, lime honey, glycerin, and water in equal parts. Stir well and add one teaspoon of oatmeal; stir again until smooth. Apply the mixture to your face for 20-25 minutes.
- With lemon juice … The product will help eliminate oily sheen and is designed to care for oily skin. Before preparing the mask, you must beat the egg white with a spoon. Fresh agave juice is added to it in the amount of 2 tsp. Apply the product with a brush in several layers: each after the first one has dried. Wash off the mixture with cold water.
- With radish … Before making a face mask with aloe, prepare a sage broth. To do this, pour one tablespoon of dry herbs into a glass of hot water and wait until it cools. Grind the radish with a fine grater. Pour the resulting mass with sage broth in 1 tablespoon and add 1 teaspoon fresh aloe juice. The mask is applied in a thin layer and washed off after 20 minutes.
- With honey … This is a good acne treatment. To prepare it, squeeze aloe juice and mix with honey, melted in a water bath, in equal proportions. The mixture is applied evenly to the face; the exposure time is 10 minutes. If you feel a negative sensation, such as a burning sensation, immediately rinse off the aloe vera face mask with acne.
- With avocado … The device helps slow down the skin’s aging process, nourishes it with useful substances, and gets rid of fine wrinkles. To prepare it, you need to grind aloe leaves and one tablespoon of gruel and mix with the same amount of avocado pulp. Next, pour a tablespoon of olive oil into the mixture. The exposure time of the mask is 15-20 minutes.
- Cottage cheese … Another effective remedy for acne and acne, which, surprisingly, will also be useful in the fight against wrinkles. To prepare a universal mask for cosmetic facial defects, mix fresh aloe juice, cottage cheese, and honey in a water bath in equal proportions. Wash off the mixture after it is scorched.
- With essential oil rose … An effective product to treat oily skin and fight acne and acne. To prepare the mask, green clay and the pulp of one aloe leaf are used, and the ingredients are diluted with rose water. A few drops of essential oil are added to the composition.
Valuable tips for using aloe on the face
The easiest way to use foliar leaves is to rub the skin with a freshly cut leaf. To do this, slide the intersection of aloe over the skin, remember to remove the makeup first, and clean the face. The procedure is recommended to be repeated in the morning and evening. As a result of such systems, you can be sure that your look will be fresh and moisturized, fake wrinkles will disappear, and areas of inflammation will decrease. The procedure can be performed on all skin types.
It is also helpful to use an aloe-based cosmetic cream for massaging. To do this, mix 2-3 tbsp. Fresh agave juice and 100 ml of sage infusion and pour the solution into molds for making ice cream. Send them to the freezer overnight, and you can perform the procedure in the morning. Ice cream with aloe for acne on the face works well. In addition, these ice cubes will help you feel refreshed in the morning.
Centennial is a good remedy if the lips are often cracked and the skin becomes rough, usually seen in cold weather. Aloe helps to make the sponges soft: lubricate them regularly with leaf cuttings.
Based on aloe, you can prepare lotions that can soothe the skin, remove fine wrinkles and prevent new ones from appearing. To prepare the remedy, you need 2-3 large agave leaves (about 100 g), chop them and pour the wine with 1 liter of cold water; use boiled water. Send the resulting infusion to the fire and cook for 5 minutes, then wait for the mixture to cool and strain into a glass bowl. Store in the refrigerator.
Attention! You can make patches for the skin around the eyes based on agave pulp.
Honest reviews of aloe for the face
Aloe collects many excellent reviews from women of different ages; someone in this way moisturizes the skin and fights flaking due to split ends, someone – with the consequences of prolonged exposure to the sun and active tanning, someone who is trying to slow down the aging process. Further informative reviews about aloe for the face and the properties of using it at home.
Alina, 33 years old
I constantly face the cause of increased dryness of the facial skin, and creams bought in the store have not been effective in my situation. But I just found the perfect natural remedy that perfectly hydrates the skin – it’s agave. To increase its effectiveness, I send the freshly cut leaf to the refrigerator for 10 days to improve its properties. Then I use it for its intended purpose. I oil my face 2 times a day – in the morning and the evening.
Oksana, 26 years old
Based on aloe juice, I prepare masks for acne, which, as I got as a teenager, never goes away. It is only essential to use the exact agave juice that you just squeezed out. If the product is not fresh, you should not count on the high effectiveness of the mask, as the properties of the juice are reduced.
Irina, 41 years old
At my age, the aging process of the skin and the appearance of wrinkles are already noticeable. But I have not yet resorted to beauty injections; I try to delay this moment as much as possible. I buy creams with hyaluronic acid from well-known brands, and I make patches based on agave under my eyes. By the way, I have been growing the plant myself on the windowsill for many years. I also heard many reviews of aloe vera for the face as part of anti-wrinkle treatment. It is necessary to evaluate the result; it may exceed the effect of cosmetics in the store.
Aloe is a well-known plant with valuable properties for the skin. At home, it is recommended to use fresh plant juice for facial care, and such a remedy is suitable for owners of any skin. Based on agave, lotions are prepared to dry the face, masks for acne, wrinkles, pigments, and more, and cosmetics to refresh the skin in the morning. You can grow a plant at home, even if your knowledge of floriculture is insignificant, and carry out grooming whenever you want or as needed. And the result will not make you wait!