Massage oil; how do I select the best use at home? Learn how to choose carrier oil, which essential oils are, great helpers in our lives, and of course how to make massage oil for a massage at home. Our body needs constant care. You not only need to work to make your body fit and beautiful, but you also need to give it full rest. In this case, nothing is better than a massage – no. But often, when we go to beauty salons, there is neither time nor material, and we either massage the parts of the body where possible, or we ask our family members to help with this. But massage without body oil takes the shape of an amateur rather than a professional. In this article, we will show you how to make massage oil at home.
Choosing a base massage oil
You need to choose the base oil that suits your body best. A thin skin or not, too dry, or there is enough moisture. Many massage oils are based on olive oil. It has long been valued for its beneficial properties, minerals, and complexes; it is also cheap and is sold almost everywhere.
During the cold season, when the skin becomes drier, sweet almond oil is perfect. As a complex, grape seed oil is suitable. Also very beneficial for the skin and good bases for massage oils are sesame and peach. Ideal for use is jojoba oil.
Essential massage oil options
The next step is to choose an essential oil, which contains active ingredients that help fight various problems. They cannot be used in their pure form, because they are very concentrated. Many essential oils have specific scents that may not suit everyone, so first add a few drops of the oil to your base to test the scent. You can add some essential oils.
Essential oils for relaxation:
- Lavender tree;
Essential Oils to Fight Cellulite:
Essential oils to increase energy and tone:
Essential oils for stretch marks:
If your goal is a sensitive massage with your loved one, then the following is suitable for you:
- The rose;
How to make massage oil at home
There are two ways to prepare massage oil at home:
- First – pour the base into a bowl, then add essential oils – a few drops, herbal infusions, and other additional ingredients add as desired. Then mix everything together, and pour it into a clean dark bottle.
- Another way – is we immediately take the vessel in which our massage oil will be stored. Pour the foundation, herbal tissue, essential oil, a few drops of aloe vera juice and vitamin E. Close it tightly and shake it a few times.
Some recipes for massage oil:
- Toning body oil. We need the following oils: almond 125 ml, 10 drops of eucalyptus, mint, basil, and 5 tbsp. l. lemon and 2 tbsp. l. grapes Capped, shake slightly immediately before use. When your strength is running out, this mixture will give you energy, also relieve headaches and help your nose breathe freely if you have a runny nose.
- Anti-cellulite massage oil. We take as a basis almond or olive oil – 120 ml, 3 drops of grapefruit and lemon fat, we also add 10 drops of shea butter, cypress, and vetiver – 2 drops and 1 drop of juniper and geranium. Apply the resulting mixture to areas that are difficult to massage on hands twice a day. Do not rinse off the residue, but wipe it off with a paper towel.
The following formula is universal in proportions. For every 10-15 ml of base oil, heated in a water bath, add 8-10 drops of essential oils:
- To reduce muscle pain and physical fatigue, mix rosemary – 5 drops, lavender – 6, black pepper oil – 4 and 30 ml of base oil;
- To reduce stress. When you have insomnia and stress, you need neroli oil – 5 drops, chamomile oil – 3 drops, lavender oil – 5, and 30 ml of alkali.
- For an emotional massage. We use a mixture of 6 drops of sandalwood oil, 4 – clary sage, 5 – pink or jasmine, and 30 ml of carrier oil.
What is macerate?
Macerate is also massage oil, which is infused with roots, spices, fruits, or roots of plants (oily tissues of plants). The principle is to dry them so that there is no moisture.
The following steps will help us prepare macerate (oil) at home:
- We choose the base – this is olive oil, almond, and jojoba oil. We also prepare a bottle, preferably glass and dark.
- We don’t need essential oils with a strong smell, as spices give a strong smell. We need green beans in different colors. Its function is warming.
- Next, vanilla is added. It is best to buy vanilla in the form of sticks, which do not break but bend. Vanilla is also a great antidepressant.
- You should also add cinnamon sticks. This is the second note that opens after cinnamon and is a powerful aphrodisiac.
- Then add the base, mix and refrigerate for a few days.
Before use, massage oil can be heated in a steam bath for about 10 minutes, massaged into the palms and massage started.
But massage becomes a much more pleasant procedure when you use such a fragrant base, which is also made with your own hands. Enjoy the time.