Linden honey, what is? Composition and useful properties. Contraindications to its use. How do you eat your favorite entertainment for adults and children? Actions of your choice.
What is Linden honey?
Linden honey is a sweet and fragrant food, nectar, which is digested in beekeeping and then matured in the beehive. It is lime nectar that is considered the most useful. It is often used as a medicine or cosmetic. Honey is essential for baking sweets and bakery products. What is included in the product and how is spring honey useful? These and other interesting facts will be discussed below.
Characteristics of Linden honey
The taste of linden honey is always pleasant and noticeable; sometimes you can hardly notice noticeable bitterness in it. Beekeepers make sure that it is enough for a person to taste linden nectar once to remember its taste for life and easily distinguish it from other types of honey.
Other characteristics of Linden honey:
- Medium density;
- Yellow-brown color (yellow-orange color);
- A lively floral scent reminiscent of the scent of springs during flowering.
The amount of useful nutrients in honey is directly dependent on the area where it was produced. It is easy to guess that bees produce nectar from nectar flowers. Not all regions in our country can extract such a product. To get a spring treat, you should place evidence with bees near dense forests or groves; it is here that a large number of flowering springs are concentrated.
Bees collect nectar from tree flowers and partially digest it in their crops. Then insects spread this product in a honeycomb of wax, prepared in advance in hives. Employees seal the nectar with a special stopper and leave it to mature. During this period, the delicacy acquires a thicker structure and a lasting aroma. After a while, the beekeepers pump the honey from the beehives.
Composition and caloric content of spring honey
Linden honey contains a lot of enzymes that are useful for humans, carotene, and other biologically active substances. The product is approximately 36% glucose.
The caloric content of lime honey per 100 g of product is 320 kcal, of which:
- Protein – 0.56 g;
- Fat – 0 g;
- Carbohydrates – 79.7 g;
- Dietary fiber – 0 g;
- Ash – 0 g;
- Water – 0 g.
Vitamins per 100 g of the product:
- Vitamin B1, thiamine – 0.01 mg;
- Vitamin B2, riboflavin – 0.037 mg;
- Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid – 0.069 mg;
- Vitamin B6, pyridoxine – 0.028 mg;
- Vitamin B9, folic acid – 0, 0019 mg;
- Vitamin C, ascorbic acid – 2.88 mg;
- Vitamin H, biotin – 0, 00009 mg;
- Vitamin PP, nicotinic acid – 0.38 mg.
The main macro- and micronutrients in 100 g of lime honey:
- Potassium (K) – 52 mg;
- Calcium (Ca) – 7.95 mg;
- Magnesium (Mg) – 2.95 mg;
- Sodium (Na) – 9, 9 mg;
- Phosphorus (P) – 3.9 mg;
- Chlorine (Cl) – 17 mg;
- Iron (Fe) – 0.79 mg;
- Iodine (I) – 0.0019 mg;
- Cobalt (Co) – 0.0007 mg;
- Manganese (Mn) – 0.033 mg;
- Copper (Cu) – 0.048 mg;
- Fluorine (F) – 0.09 mg;
- Zinc (Zn) – 0.215 mg.
Good to know! A teaspoon contains 12 g of honey and the dining room holds 36 g.
Useful properties of linden honey
The benefits of Linden honey for human health are obvious – this product contains over 400 types of nutrients that are essential for the normal functioning of the body. The sweetness is easily digested in the digestive tract. 85% of the mass of honey eaten goes into human blood.
Important! To maximize the therapeutic effect of this product, it should be eaten on an empty stomach after drinking a glass of purified or mineral water.
The main healing properties of honey are:
- Healer’s liver … The product demonstrates this useful property due to the content of propolis, which bees use mainly for the production of hives.
- Has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the cardiovascular system … This operation is performed due to the content of honey in large amounts of useful trace elements, for example, potassium, magnesium, etc.
- Fights against depression and insomnia … Like all sweets; honey promotes the production of the happiness hormone in the body, which has a positive effect on one’s overall emotional background. It is enough to eat a little entertainment before bed and the body will easily relax and sink into healthy deep sleep.
- Burns fat and detoxifies the blood … The product contains a lot of amino acids that speed up metabolism, moderate appetite, and act to some extent as a laxative. There are many so-called honey diets, in which you can stick to about a few pounds of excess weight per week.
- Saturates the body quickly … It is enough to eat a few teaspoons of this delicacy to be full and energetic. Therefore, it can be used as a snack at work. Such food is much healthier for your well-being and weight than French fries or sausage sandwiches.
- Improves immunity during seasonal colds and infectious diseases … Science focuses on antibiotics and the disgraceful properties of spring honey, it is often prescribed along with medicines to fight influenza and other viral diseases.
- Reduces eye fatigue after a hard day’s work … To do this, honey is used to make eye drops or to make special lotions that are applied to the face in the area of the visual organs.
- Improves the condition of the skin and nails … Honey is used in its natural form for packaging; it is added to a relaxing bath or massage cream. Following the procedures with honey, the client of the SPA improves blood circulation, subcutaneous fat is burned, the skin becomes smooth and soft, and the orange peel disappears. Cosmetics experts often use the healing power of honey – thanks to which the nails become stronger and do not come loose.
- Strengthens the hair … For this, hair masks are made from honey, which is easy to make even at home.
Interest! Honey is considered a moderate-calorie product. 100 g of this delicacy is only 15, 5% of daily calories per person.
Contraindications and damage of linden honey
One teaspoon of bee products will not make you healthier or fuller. To feel the benefits and harms of spring honey, one must eat it regularly.
Adults, to improve their health, should eat up to 100 g of sweets a day, children – up to 2 tsp. If these criteria are exceeded, pathogenic processes can develop in the body.
Negative consequences of over-consumption of spring honey:
- Allergic reactions;
- Increased heart rate;
- Significant increase in blood sugar;
- Rapid freezing in cold weather (honey has a warming effect on the body, so you should stop using it before going out in the cold).
- Experts emphasize that you should not boil lime honey or add too hot drinks/dishes. At high temperatures, these delicacies not only lose their vitamins but also have certain toxicity. Honey heated to high temperatures becomes carcinogenic (it can cause the development of malignant tumors in the body).
Doctors emphasize contraindications to the use of spring honey.
The following categories of people need to report sweetness:
- Children under 3 years of age;
- Patients suffering from diabetes;
- Allergic patients with unique honey intolerance;
- Pregnant women in the presence of certain contraindications, which are determined in the laboratory – the use of entertainment during this period can cause allergies in the unborn child.
If you are allergic to bee products, you should not stop eating altogether. This pathology can be corrected with medical help. After the allergy is eliminated, start using small doses of spring honey under the supervision of a specialist.
In some cases, pediatricians allow the honey to be given to children aged 2 years as part of cold treatment. It is forbidden to take spray therapy with the participation of it because of pneumonia or heart disease.
Note! To prevent lime honey from losing its useful properties, it should be stored in glass or wooden containers. The room where the party is located should be moderately warm. Do not freeze or store the product in a cool place.
How to choose linden honey?
How do identify high-quality lime and honey? Everyone knows that it is better to buy unsweetened products. However, the delicacy begins to crystallize in all conditions after six months of storage. This process cannot be avoided, as the level of crystallization plays a secondary role in determining the quality of honey.
By being in front of the sales counter, this product should be evaluated according to the following parameters: color, odor, maturity, and consistency.
Linden honey color
Can tell the buyer a lot: it should be homogeneous, amber without fog. If honey has a transparent structure, there are no foreign impurities in it. If sediment has formed in a dish with goodness, it means that sugar, starch, and other substances were added to the product (sometimes bees are fed with such impurities to increase the amount of pumping from the products).
To find out if there are any foreign additives in spring honey, dissolve it in water: the product with additives will be cloudy and a precipitate will appear at the bottom of the container.
Use iodine to determine the presence of flour or starch in a delicacy. Put a drop of disinfectant in honey previously diluted with water. If the solution turns blue, it means that it contains flour or starch.
Often added to linden honey chalk … To identify such impurities we need vinegar. Add a small amount of vinegar to the product and listen – hissing indicates chalk.
Linden honey must have a noticeable odor, if you do not smell it, then sugar has been added to the treat.
The defined development of the product beekeeping is only allowed. To do this, heat the sweetness to 20 ° C and dip a spoon into it. If you notice that you stir the product while it is covering itself in the spoon and do not empty it, the honey is ripe.
Why is it important to buy ripe lime and honey? Such a product contains the largest amount of useful elements and has a long shelf life. If nectar is pumped from hives too early, it can quickly become acidic and will contain a limited amount of enzymes, sugar, and other nutrients that are healthy.
Natural and high-quality lime honey should be easily rubbed with your fingers and absorbed into the skin while the substitute rolls into crumbs. After dipping a thin stick into the container with the product, you should see that when you pull out the tester, honey is drawn into a thin stream. At the same time, splashes should not be on its surface, small bubbles are allowed.
Not everyone knows that! Linden is considered to be the queen of all diverse plants; about 16 kg of honey can be collected from one tree.
Interesting facts about honey
TOP 10 interesting and little-known facts about honey:
- The People’s Republic of China is a leader in honey production.
- Small beeswax clams can help reduce hangovers.
- One bee needs to collect nectar from 100,000 flowers to produce 100 g of honey.
- The most expensive beekeeping in the world can be bought in Israel.
- In the old days, the sweet bee gift was used as a cosmetic. People from all over the world use the positive qualities of linden honey to this day.
- Siberia is one of Russia’s largest honey producers. Although the delicacy appeared here not so long ago – only 200 years ago.
- The word “honey” comes from Hebrew and literally means “magic wand” in Russian.
- A sweet product can keep its taste for centuries. In support of this, scientists cite examples of Tutankhamen’s funeral. Amphora with honey was found in his grave – a product of age was as sweet and healthy and fresh.
- Honey serves as a refrigerator: In ancient times, people in hot areas of the earth anointed meat with sweets and dug it into the ground, so it was fresh for a long time, despite the heat.
- Adherents of traditional medicine use honey as a medicine. They lubricate scratches or burns with them 2 times a day so that the wound heals as soon as possible.
Doctors from all over the world advise buying lime honey to lose weight and fight colds and bad moods. It is used for therapeutic purposes during fasting. To experience all the benefits of this product, it should be consumed regularly, but in moderation.