Increasing humidity in your home is a good thing to do, and the only way to do this is to have the right humidifier. Our homes need extra moisture sometimes, and the only best way to add an extra layer of moisture is with the use of a humidity device. There are many humidifiers on the market today, but it is not possible to tell which one is best and which one is not. In fact, many people often find it hard to separate ‘wheat from the chaff’, and they end up buying what they do not really need. To help you make the right decision, this article will help you know more about humidifiers, and help you know how to choose the right humidity device for a larger room.
What are the benefits of humidifiers?
People are smart these days; everyone wants to know the value and benefits of every product they buy. They need to know whether the benefits are long-term or short-term, and humidifiers are not an exception. Life has many facts, one of which is that humidity will always change where you live. Science puts it in a more interesting way; humidity is often higher in summer time and lower in the winter season, but people don’t want to high or too low humidity. Generally, too high and too low humidity isn’t often preferable, because it can always cause issues. Therefore, smart people had to come up with the best methods to help you control humidity, so they created these humidifiers.
Controlling high humidity
Did you know that high humidity can make your home feeling suffocating, warm and airless? Generally, high humidity makes the house uncomfortable. We know for a fact that a home that feels airless isn’t easy to live in. In fact, it makes people feel as though there are no ventilations in their surroundings. What’s worse about high humidity is that they can trigger bacteria, molds and mildew. What’s more is those people who suffer from allergies and asthma will not find high humidity friendly; they simply just can’t survive in areas of high humidity.
- Controlling high humidity therefore becomes necessary. You can imagine how bad an environment can be if it remains in high humidity for too many days in a row. In a nutshell, we need to control high humidity because of the following reasons:
- People cannot live in an airless environment. Again, there is nothing comforting with living in an environment where people will often feel like suffocating due to high humidity. This necessitates its control.
- We need to protect the environment; unless our surrounding is better, we can never enjoy life. If we can control humidity, we won’t have to worry about bacteria, molds, and mildew and dust mites.
- Remember, people suffering from asthma and allergies cannot live in places with high humidity; they either relocate or control humidity. Controlling high humidity is often cheaper and easy, all you have to do is to buy a humidifier.
Controlling Low Humidity
Just like high humidity, low humidity is often difficult to live with and it must be controlled. Low humidity is linked with itchy dry skin and flaking skin. And, probably, the worst thing about low humidity is that it often irritates the nasal passage. Add to the fact that when you sleep low humidity might cause your throat to dry and this becomes an epidemic.
- There are more problems associated with low humidity, and it is best to address them so that you see the actual need of buying a humidifier. The following are additional dangers of low humidity:
- Your noise might end up being stuffed up with limited moisture; you will not have any other option other than to breathe through the mouth. Breathing through the mouth is equally dangerous, because air breathed through the mouth isn’t often filtered, hence dirty and uncomfortable.
- Did you know that low humidity can cause static charges? These charges can make your hair fly and part of it to fall off. In addition, if you touch metals, you will get electric shocks.
- Properties of immense value in your home can be destroyed. For instance, low humidity will cause furniture to crack and your ceramic tile may be ruined.
The only way to prevent the effects of low humidity is to control it, and the best way to do this is to use humidifier.
Choosing Humidifier for your room
You can use the following tips to choose the best humidifier for you and your family.
Warm mist vs. cold mist humidifier
The two devices often perform the same function, which means that the device you pick will wholly rely on personal preference. However, the cool device is often the best one to buy if you have children in the house. This is because it is does not have the risk of scaling, either by steam or water. However, warm devices are often considered the best, because, unlike the cool mist humidifier, they are never prone to mist or bacteria.
The size of the room
It is important to know the size of your room before you buy a humidifier. In our case, our focus is a large room. So, the humidifier you choose should be the best for a larger room. You need to choose a design and size that will work comfortably in a room where you use it often. It is important to keep in mind that all humidifiers are often rated by the size of the room. This make is easy to choose a humidifier that will work best for you. The best way to know what humidifier will work for a larger room is to take the measurement of your room, and use them to compare with the size of the humidifier.
Price is also a factor to look at. Usually, you want to buy what you can afford. Therefore, you need to plan your budget and find out exactly how much you can pay before you buy a humidifier.