Sleep is a vital part of your daily schedule that you just cannot do without. The quality of your sleep however is a much more important factor to consider. There are factors that affect the quality of the sleep that you experience but the most common ones are the humidity and the air in the room. Other factors are likely to ruin your sleep even if everything else is okay like poor sleeping posture, backache respiratory diseases and others. Some things can be controlled by medicine and massage, but when it comes to humidity, this might be a lot more challenging. Doctors recommend the use of a humidifier to reduce the dryness of the air and the skin during your sleep, which will consequently improve your sleep.
Sleep apnea patients
People who have to deal with sleep apnea every day will find a humidifier very useful. The humidifier will control the flow of air in the bed room as well as making it easy to breathe in the air since it is not dry. It is very irritating having to wake up in the middle of the night just because the air is feels dry. Many people have reported to sleeping better the first night after purchasing a humidifier. Snoring is a huge problem for many people as it ends up reducing the quality of sleep. However, this will be a thing of the past once you start using a humidifier.
Children are easily affected by bad climatic conditions more so in their sleep patterns. Dry air will make the child not sleep well, they will keep turning in their sleep and eventually they might wake up. However, with a humidifier to increase the amount of humidity in the air, breathing will be easier for the child hence they will sleep better. However, considering they are still young, you will need to regulate the amount of humidity in the room to a level that is comfortable for them to avoid getting irritated. The size of the humidifier will be smaller too. Children will sleep comfortably at a humidity level of between 30% and 45%.
There are times when you are not able to sleep well due to external factors such as cold. With a humidifier in place, the room will get warmer and you will fall asleep more easily and heavily. You will also not experience a dry throat at night therefore you will not have cases where you wake up in the middle of the night to drink water. Those who have to constantly deal with dry skin in the morning can do away with the problem once and for all by using a humidifier.
Types of humidifiers
There are different types of humidifiers which are mainly categorized depending on your tastes and preferences. These are:
- There are those that are meant to relieve congestion in the breathing system. These ones are usually small in size and affordable too.
- There are those meant for children’s rooms. They also have a night light in different colors that are attractive to the kid. They are also usually very quiet too ensuring the kid has a good night’s sleep.
- For those who do not like to get out of bed to reduce or increase the humidity, then they can go for those that are remote controlled. They are a bit more expensive but the luxury of their use is worth it. These ones have the capability to emit air that is both cool and warm depending on what you prefer.
- In the event that you want to increase humidity in the whole house, then you can go for the big humidifiers that are powerful enough for that. They have the ability to hold a lot of water therefore they will adequately humidify the entire house.
- Looking for something stylish and elegant? You will get it at selected stores at an affordable amount. This one is even more effective as it does not require any electricity to run therefore it saves you on electricity bills. Just keep it close to a warm area like a fire place and it will start working automatically.
- If you think that the area you are travelling to areas that have dry air then you can go for the travel humidifier. It is small, convenient and it only requires a water bottle for it to work effectively. This is perfect for those going out camping for the night.
- There are those that have recently hit the market that emit 99% bacteria free air. They also automatically control the climate in the room hence avoid under or over humidification
Humidifiers re very useful electronics, but at the same time, they need to be properly maintained for them to give the best results.
- It is important that you maintain your humidifier in a very hygienic manner failure to which it will cause health problems. Machines that have an in built humidistat are the best since they allow you to set your preferred humidity levels.
- You also have to change the water inside often with clean water to reduce cases of bacteria breeding inside so as to ensure it releases clean air.
- Cleaning is vital too. This should be done at least once a week to avoid bacteria thriving in the machine which would result in unhealthy air being released into the atmosphere. This is dangerous at it can lead to contracting bacterial diseases.
- The filters should be changed often too. There are those however that do not have one, but in the event that it does, change it often to ensure clean air is released into the room.
- Too much of everything is poisonous. Never allow too much humidity into the room. Use a hygrometer to measure this. The ideal humidity level for adults is between 40% and 505 while the ideal humidity level for children is between 30% and 45%.
It is vital to have a humidifier in bedrooms, most especially those that are occupied by children. It will help them sleep better waking up fewer times in the night.