Cuticles and nails; what ingredients can be taken to prepare a mask? How they will be useful and who should not use them. Recipes for the best ways to strengthen growth and moisturize nails. A mask for cuticles and nails is a very important tool to take care of them because it allows you to make them healthy and beautiful. It directly depends on how effective the manicure will be. Pay attention to this “body part” at least once a week. To prepare a useful composition, you can use various drains, juices, oils, and food.
Useful properties of cuticles and nails
Unlike commercial products, homemade products are natural and safe for humans. They almost never cause allergies, do not irritate the skin, and do not violate the integrity of the nail plate. They contain no artificial colors, fragrances, or parabens. Therefore, you can use them at least every day without interruption.
The main task of the masks is to moisturize the cuticles, accelerate the growth of nails, eliminate blisters and their fragility and improve the color.
Let’s take a closer look at the effects:
- Whitening … Eggs, lemon, and sour cream do a great job with this. Various oils also help – olive oil and sandalwood.
- Moisturizing … For this purpose, it is worth using wax, liquid vitamins, and pulp of some fruits – banana, apple, and lemon. As a result, manicures, especially cutting the cuticles, will be faster and less painful.
- Burning … The solution to this problem is possible thanks to peach and apricot oils, decoctions of chamomile, eucalyptus, and calendula.
- Acceleration in growth … Pepper-based masks are best for this. This remedy, which penetrates deep into the skin, normalizes blood circulation, which helps to solve the problem.
- Removing white spots … They are usually the result of an unbalanced diet. Therefore, it will require the use of vitamins A, C, and E in liquid form. With their help, the nails get a natural color.
- Fight against blood … Since the reason for this is usually a lack of iron and calcium, you can make masks with eggs and dairy products. They carefully strengthen the plate and prevent it from breaking.
Attention! Cuticles and nail masks will only be useful if they are made with fresh, natural ingredients.
Contraindications to the use of nail shapes and nail puppets
Regardless of the type of medicine, it is not recommended to use it if there is an allergic reaction to certain components.
It is necessary to apply them carefully if there is a violation of the integrity of the cuticle, its bleeding, or redness. With such problems, the skin near the nail can pinch and bake. Do not make masks immediately after visiting a manicure master.
A few caveats must be given here:
- Dry skin … First of all, you need to clean and steam your fingers well so that they are properly shaved.
- Times of the day … After the mask, it is undesirable to go outside, especially in winter, and even more so to wear gloves.
- Length of stay … Don’t leave the product on your nails for too long because you can either dry them too much or wet them too much.
- The presence of nail polish … Before using the mask, it must be washed off, otherwise it slows down the absorption of the product and thereby worsens the effect obtained.
- Irritation near the cuticles … In this case, you should not apply aggressive masks with salt, lemon juice, and essential oils, which cause even more itching.
- Violation of the integrity of the nail … With such a problem, in no case should it get wet, otherwise, regeneration will occur more slowly. Therefore, it is necessary to abandon olive oil, sour cream, eggs, and other emollients.
It is not necessary to apply all the cuticles and the nail mask immediately, it is recommended to perform an allergy test on the elbow first.
Homemade recipes for nails and cuticles
It is best to prepare these formulations just before use (unless advised otherwise). All ingredients must be fresh. It is undesirable to mix many components – 3-4 will be enough. The course used is 1-2 months. With their normal tolerance, it is possible to perform continuously. The frequency of using the masks is 1-2 times a week.
Homemade masks for growing nails with oils
The recipes below are ideal not only for growth but also for nourishing nails and cuticles. They saturate them with useful substances in the form of fatty acids, vitamins A and E. Thanks to them, brittleness takes place and you can safely do a manicure without fear of breaking the integrity of the plate. For such purposes, it is worth using olive and lemon oil, honey, eggs, and some other things.
Here are the ingredients and how to use them:
- Heat 15 ml of honey without sugar in a water bath. When it cools, pour in olive oil and beat in one egg yolk. Stir well and apply immediately to the affected area. After that, wait for 10 minutes and rinse off the rest of the composition with clean water. Then shave the treated area with the cream.
- Combine lemon juice (no more than 2 tablespoons) with liquid vitamin E and rosemary oil. Shake well before applying. Then soak a cotton pad in it and go first over the nails and then over the cuticles. Allow the product to absorb, if it is still noticeable on your fingers after 10 minutes, dry your hands.
- Combine tea tree oil and peach oil in equal proportions (1 tablespoon each). Dissolve cornstarch in the mixture (1 tsp.), stir well, and apply to the surface with a silicone brush. The mask can be washed off after 10 minutes.
For the mask to work even better, it is recommended to put a plastic bag on your hands, but so that they do not touch your fingers too much.
Pepper nails and cuticles
This product will help improve growth and circulation under the nails and eliminate white spots and moisture. It has powerful antifungal, antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it is useful to use it when the plate is damaged by pathogenic microorganisms. The main ingredient is ground red pepper.
The method of preparation of the mask:
- Heat the water (1.5 tsp.).
- Dissolve red pepper (3 tsp.) in liquid.
- Stir the mixture until it is smooth, without lumps.
- Add hand cream (1 tsp).
- Place the mixture in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Cool the product and apply the brushes to the affected area.
- Leave for 15 minutes and wipe off with a damp cloth.
For more results, the procedure should be repeated twice a week.
Homemade cuticle masks with vitamins
We are talking about the use of liquid alpha-tocopherol (E) and retinol (A). They can be bought in any pharmacy, they are sold in bottles of 10-20 ml. It is necessary to use masks based on these ingredients every night for difficult cuticles and 1-2 times a week – if everything is fine with them. For their preparation, additional ingredients are also needed – yeast, red clay, sour cream, and cocoa.
This is how to prepare the masks:
- With yeast … They should be dry (half a teaspoon). They are added to a mixture of retinol and alpha-tocopherol, taken in 5 ml. This is then mixed well, heated, and applied to the cuticles with a brush. You can wash off the product after 10 minutes.
- With sour cream … You need about 10 ml. This ingredient is poured into vitamin E and mixed in equal amounts. Then the composition is shaken, a cotton pad is moistened in it and the cuticles are dried with it. Wait 10 minutes before washing off the mask.
- With red clay … Dissolve it (1 tsp) in fatty vitamin A (10 ml). Then stir the mass well and lubricate the affected areas with it. When it dries, wash it off with water.
- Cocoa… It needs to be diluted (10 g) in vitamin E (1 tbsp. L.). Once the dry ingredients are completely dissolved, use a brush to apply the product to the cuticles. Wait 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
The results will be even better if the treated areas are massaged immediately after applying the mass.
Mask for growing nails with plant juice
These funds will make a difference if the nails grow back slowly, break, or come off. You can solve all these problems with lemon, cabbage, potatoes, and many other ingredients. On their basis, good masks are available for both daily and irregular use. But it is very important that they do not stand for very long before using (maximum per day).
Note the recipes for the following juices:
- Cabbage … Squeeze it from fresh vegetables (1 tablespoon), add rose water (10 ml), and glycerin (0.5 tablespoons). Shake all this well, keep it in a warm place for 1-2 hours and apply with a cloth or a brush to the nail plate. It is not necessary to wash the composition, it is completely absorbed in 10-15 minutes.
- Potatoes … It only takes 15 ml. For this volume, you need to take 10 g of edible gelatin, which should be dissolved in liquid until a slurry forms. It is applied to the problem area, left for 10 minutes, and then rinsed off.
- Citric acid … This ingredient (no more than 15 ml) is poured into one egg, mixed well, and applied with a silicone brush to the nails. Do not rinse off the product until 15 minutes have passed.
When making a mask for nails and cuticles, you can combine the proposed juice, but then you need to count the number of other ingredients.
Mask to strengthen nails with salt
In order for the remedy to really help, you only need to use sea salt, ordinary, stone, which irritates the cuticles. This ingredient can be supplemented with iodine, lemon juice, and beeswax. Thanks to him, the nails stop exfoliating and breaking, grow faster and white spots disappear. This is especially important for those suffering from vitamin deficiency and iron deficiency in the blood.
You can try the following masks:
- With iodine … It is taken no more than 2 tsp. Salt is dissolved in this volume (2-3 pinches). The mixture is beaten well so that no lumps remain and spread on the surface with a spoon. Wash it off after 10-15 minutes. After that, the nails darken, but within a few days, the ugly color disappears.
- With lemon juice … Squeeze it from one fruit. Combine the resulting volume with salt, which will take so much to make a not very thick cream. Then all that’s left is to apply it with your fingers or a brush on your nails and then leave it on for 15 minutes.
- With beeswax … Melt it (2 tablespoons) in a water bath. Without waiting for this ingredient to cool, add sea salt (15-20 g) to it. Then stir the mixture well, keep it warm for an hour, and use it as a mask, apply for 10-15 minutes.
Recipes for herbal nail masks
Taking into account all the ingredients, funds based on chamomile, nettle, and calendula stand out. They show good results with honey, cream, cabbage, banana, and various oils. The main condition is the heat treatment of the herbs used and their infusion for several hours, but not more than a day. Before using a nail mask, an allergic reaction must be tested on the wrist or elbow.
We recommend that you follow the following recipes:
- In equal parts (5 g each), mix the crushed rhizome and St. John’s wort, and chamomile flowers. Pour boiling water over this mixture, which will take about 3 tbsp., and cook for 10 minutes. Then cover the ingredients and leave for 2 hours. Strain them before use, you only need broth. Soak a cotton ball in it, dry your fingers with it, and do not wash your hands until the product is absorbed.
- Stir in one banana and mix the meat with oatmeal (1 teaspoon) and chamomile broth (2 tablespoons). The latter is made from 20 g of grass flowers and 50 ml of water. Then stir the mixture well and spread it all over the nails with your fingers. It will be enough to leave the product for 10 minutes. To rinse it off, as always, use plain water.
- Combine a small amount of linden (10 g), linseed (15 g), and calendula leaves (15 g). All this is poured with boiling water, which you need, no more than 200 ml. Then let the mixture brew, then strain it through cheesecloth and boil the resulting liquid. Wipe your fingers with it and let the product absorb.
Masks for nails prepared according to our recipes allow you to make them healthy and beautiful. After using these products, beauticians will no longer be afraid to see their fingers! Therefore, you should not save on this, because hands are women’s calling cards.