Nothing feels good like experiencing long hours of continuous fragrance in a spa. Apart from knowing you have the best oils nature has to offer, you get to enjoy a spa-like scent with a fragrance that takes you off your feet. As we all know, sitting in a spa is one of the best ways to enjoy a variety of essential oils confined in one space.
One of the drawbacks of spas is the fact that they are expensive. You also don’t get to enjoy it anytime you want it simply because you have to travel to get there. What if I tell you that you can still enjoy that spa-like scent without spending large sums of money? What if you can create your spa-like scent in your home? The truth is, bringing a spa-like scent to your homes is easier than you think. What you need is an essential oil diffuser and the essential oils used in the spa.
The scent in a spa is derived from a mixture of various oils that are used in essential oil diffusers. Using a variety of oils, you can come out with a mixture that brings out the spa fragrance in your house. Among the most common oils used in spas include Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Lavender, Sandalwood, Bergamot, Chamomile and more. In this article, I’m going to give you four common essential oil recipes used to bring out the good smell in spas and how to make them using a reed diffuser.
1. SEASONAL OIL RECIPE
It isn’t easier to do away with bad smell during spring and summer months. Strong heat will automatically beat your air freshener in spreading the bad odor. You need something much stronger that will completely replace the bad smell with a spa-like scent. Seasonal oil recipes combine three essential oils to give you a spa-like scent. Here is what you need.
What you need
- Two drops of lemon oil
- Two drops of lavender oil and lastly,
- Two drops of peppermint
2. DEEP BREATH RECIPE
One of the main reasons spas make a better choice as a health remedy is that the oils used to bring out the scent also works best to increase your energy as well as improve your sleep. These oils relax your brain, improves your body functioning and most importantly, reduce stress. Deep breath recipe requires a combination of three oils to bring out the spa-like scent. Here is what you need.
- One drop of Patchouli oil
- One drop of bergamot oil
- One drop of ylang-ylang oil
3. RESPIRATORY RECIPE
One of the sweetest spa scents is a smell of a flower that is booming. The combination here does not only contain oils that will turn your house into a flower garden but a mixture that will work well to improve your respiratory system. The respiratory recipe contains three common oils used in spas to bring out the good smell. Here are them.
- Two drops of lavender oil
- Two drops of Roman chamomile oil and lastly,
- One drop of geranium oil.
4. IMMUNE BOOSTER RECIPE
Winter is a great season to just sit in your house and sniff your favorite essential oils. Immune booster does not only give your house the winter spa scent but works best to improve your immune system. To get the immune booster recipe you need to combine five essential oils used in spas. Here is what you need.
- One drop of wild orange oil
- One drop of Eucalyptus oil
- One drop of rosemary oil
- One drop of cinnamon oil
- One drop of clove oil
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- From the above recipes, choose what will bring out your favorite fragrance. Once you’ve made your choice, it is now time to make your diffuser. One of the best ways to bring back the spa scent back home is to make a reed diffuser. Here is what you need to do.
- Find a container suitable for a reed diffuser, for example, old diffuser bottle or any other bottle. Don’t use plastic bottles.
- Get the right reeds: Use the new reed diffusers as they are effective. You can go for the ready-made reeds on the market.
- Choose one of the for recipes above depending on your favorite smell. You are then required to mix them using a diffuser base oil.
- Into the bottle, pour your mixture up to two-thirds to the brim. Don’t fill to the top of the brim as it will overflow.
- Place the reeds into your mixture and let it sit for approximately one hour.
- After one hour is over, flip the reeds so that the top part can be saturated. Lastly, find a perfect spot to place your diffuser and enjoy the spa scent.
In summary, spending time in a spa is not only healthy but fun. The oils will not only improve your health but will make every moment you spend in there memorable. The bad news is, you might not be in a position to make it to your favorite spa spot any time for three main reasons that are, distance, time and the worst part price. The good news is, you don’t need to go to the spa to enjoy the fragrance. You can still use some of the spa scent oils in your diffuser to bring the spa scent to your home. Use the tips above and I guarantee you won’t have to spend on spa anymore to enjoy the fragrance.