Body masks; how can I make them at home? Learn how to prepare skin care masks, recipe features, and usage suggestions. Since ancient times, women have taken special care of their skin. But modern representatives of the fairer sex are busy building a career and a lot of endless problems, so there is very little time left for body care. Therefore, the hair, hands, and face receive the necessary care. The body only needs a little milk or cream applied after the shower to avoid dry skin.
However, every woman should look perfect, so it is helpful to know some recipes for body masks that can be prepared quickly at home with only natural ingredients.
Purpose of body masks
A flawless appearance is essential for every woman. Still, it is necessary to constantly and adequately take care of the skin of the face and body. The front receives more attention, as it is always in sight. Still, the body is hidden under clothes, so many girls forget the need for proper care and maintenance. Therefore, all processes that cause the deterioration of the condition and appearance of the skin are almost invisible.
But when the problem becomes apparent, modern restorative and caring products in the store will be ineffective since peeling, irritation, and dryness are not eliminated. To prevent this problem, it is recommended to constantly and, most importantly, correctly maintain both the skin of the face and body.
Buying expensive cosmetic masks and creams is not necessary, as home remedies are the most beneficial, containing only natural ingredients suitable for a specific skin type or existing problem.
Before applying additional skin care products to your skin, you must first clean its surface. It is advisable to steam the skin, which opens the pores and the active ingredients work much more vital. The ingredients in the mask quickly penetrate the deep layers of the epidermis, thus increasing the effectiveness of the cosmetic.
Rules for using body masks at home
Today, at home, you can quickly and easily prepare various types of body masks, including cleansers. Peeling or scrub is applied to pre-moistened skin; gentle massage is done with light stroking movements. The residue of the product is washed off with plenty of warm water. Thanks to the application of this method, the skin becomes smooth and well-groomed, as all dead cells are removed.
After using a scrub or peeling, you can apply a body mask to the skin after a few minutes. After about 15-18 minutes, the remains of the show must be removed, and then an oily and nourishing cream is applied.
Should carry out such procedures regularly since only in this case the skin of the body will look good and neat and return to its previous density and elasticity. In addition, it is easy to perform such procedures on your own at home.
It is recommended to follow a few simple rules:
- It is important to apply moisturizing milk or cream to the skin after each care and to prevent drying of the epidermis;
- About once every 7-10 days, it is necessary to use various cleansing agents (for example, peeling, scrub), which help to remove all dead cells quickly and gently;
- Regularly at home, using bandages or visiting a massage therapist is helpful.
What types of body masks are there?
Today there is quite a large selection of various body masks, so choosing the perfect remedy for yourself will be straightforward.
The following types of masks are divided:
- Moisturizer. These masks are ideal for all skin types, as they quickly help eliminate rough, dry, and dehydrated skin. After using such a product, the body’s skin is refreshed, radiant and silky to the touch, and its elasticity increases several times.
- Cleaning. First, such masks are created to cleanse the skin of fat and dirt accumulated in cells, gently removing dead particles. May not use this type of mask for all skin types. They are recommended to take care of combination and problematic skin.
- Nutrients and vitamins. These masks help the skin to return to a normal and healthy tone quickly; their regular use helps to improve metabolic processes and blood circulation within the cells. After using this mask, the skin returns freshness and becomes smooth and velvety.
- Model. This mask is one of the most popular and sought after, as you can use it to get rid of cellulite and stretch marks. At the same time, there is an improvement in blood circulation, and an acceleration of the regeneration process is observed. Regular use of modeling masks provides cells with the necessary amount of oxygen. It helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- Calming. This type of mask has a soothing effect on inflamed and irritated skin. It contains valuable substances that quickly remove the epidermis’s redness, itching, and excessive dryness and help to get rid of stress caused by an extended stay under the sun. The skin quickly regains its tone thanks to soothing masks, and the cell regeneration process is accelerated.
Homemade ingredients for a body mask
Today, nature knows only a large number of medicinal plants; thanks to their valuable properties, they are widely used in cosmetology. The active and completely natural substances have a positive effect on the skin. Thanks to this, you can feel how it turns out to have a pronounced soothing, softening, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and toning effect.
As a result of the active interaction of plants with the environment, various compounds are formed:
- Essential oils;
- Organic acids.
Therefore, using only natural ingredients to prepare various cosmetic masks for the home is recommended. Such funds are much more helpful than ready-made store counterparts.
How do masks affect the skin?
- Sugar is naturally occurring fructose, sucrose, and glucose. As a rule, for full-fledged work, the human body needs to get glucose in large quantities in berries, grapes, and seeds of certain plants. It directly affects the preservation of life-giving moisture in the skin cells because it is an excellent smoothing of wrinkles.
- Oxalic, malic, citric, and other acids are organic. They are part of natural juices, which actively affect the metabolic process.
- Essential oils are considered one of the most critical components in many cosmetics for skin care for the body, face, and hair. Essential oils are extracted from medicinal plants – for example, mint, St. John’s wort, chamomile, linden, etc. Essential oils have a pronounced wound healing and antibacterial effect, which is why they can remove sunburn and irritation. This effect is achieved thanks to substances such as azulene.
- Fat-rich vegetable oils help eliminate dry skin quickly and provide reliable protection against the adverse effects of environmental irritants (for example, cold, dust, sun, etc.). However, we can only use them to care for dry skin.
- Tannins, pectins, phytoncides, mucilages, and resins have a pronounced antibacterial effect. These substances protect the epidermis against harmful microbes, cracks and wounds heal, wound healing, and astringent effects occur, and enlarged pores are narrowed. These substances are found in various plants – for example, sage, St. John’s wort, garlic, onion, wormwood, plantain, calendula, and yarrow. Including berries with fruits (plum, cherry, cranberry, lemon, gooseberry, etc.).
- Vitamins are the essential substances necessary for the human body to function correctly. They have a positive effect on the cells of the skin; it has a stimulating effect on their work. The skin will become limp and dry if it does not receive the required amount of vitamins. The human body does not synthesize most vitamins, so they must come from outside. Vitamins are included in various body masks and, at the same time, help to get rid of cellulite.
Body masks: recipes
The composition of masks intended for skin care in the body can differ depending on the epidermis condition and the current problem. Each combination has a specific effect, so there is an opportunity for you to choose the perfect remedy.
Alginate body mask
Brown algae are an excellent and only source of alginic acid, which is part of many cosmetic products which have a rejuvenating effect. To obtain a gel, alginate powder and water are mixed, and many vitamins and minerals are also included in this product. Such cosmetics force the skin to start a high production of collagen while eliminating the signs of cellulitis in problem areas.
Alginate Body Mask Recipe:
- The solvent is mixed with sea salt and brown algae powder (the components are taken in a ratio of 3: 1).
- All ingredients are mixed well until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- The finished mask is applied to the skin with a special spatula. Must do everything in 7 minutes until the composition has frozen.
- Then the body is wrapped with a film because of increased sweat.
- It would help if you lay down, cover yourself with a warm blanket and rest for 60 minutes.
- After the specified time, the mask’s remains are washed off; all the nourishing cream is applied to the body.
- A positive effect will be noticeable if several procedures are performed per month.
Despite the favorable properties, such masks have specific contraindications:
- Allergy to iodine;
- The presence of cancer or chronic diseases.
Today, many different masks are known and divided into categories based on the ingredients used – coffee, clay, and honey.
Recipes for effective masks
- A mask with honey is the most effective, and the positive result will be noticeable after 5 days of use. To prepare it, homemade mustard is mixed with liquid honey (the components are taken in equal quantities). The resulting composition is applied to problem areas.
- A clay mask is ideal for speeding up skin recovery after childbirth. To prepare it, warm milk is mixed with blue clay until a homogeneous mass is obtained. If desired, add essential oils, vitamin E, and A to the mask.
- A mask with coffee can quickly break down fat deposits under the skin. To prepare it, ground coffee is mixed with hot milk. The resulting composition is rubbed directly into problem areas.
To make the use of masks more practical, it is worth following some simple recommendations:
- Before applying the mask, the skin must be steamed and cleansed because the active substances are absorbed much more efficiently by the skin cells;
- After applying the composition to the skin, it is necessary to wrap the treated areas in a layer of film, then cover them with a warm blanket to create a greenhouse effect, which leads to a much more active breakdown of subcutaneous fat;
- It is not recommended to eat before using the mask; it is best to drink fresh hot green tea during the procedure;
- The duration of the procedure is 30-60 minutes, depending on the mask used and the severity of the problem;
- The residue of the product is washed off with warm water, but you can also take a bath by adding sea salt;
- The full use of the mask is 5-15 days.
Before using masks to lose weight, you should know about the existing contraindications:
- Allergy to the components of the show;
- Chronic weakness and fatigue;
- Varicose veins;
- During pregnancy;
- In the presence of gynecological diseases.
To maintain healthy skin, it is not necessary to visit beauty salons and do expensive cosmetics; it will be quite enough to use homemade body masks that are easy to prepare.