Anti-wrinkle essential oils will help your skin regain its youth and beauty. Properly selected oils eliminate fine traces of wrinkles, and deeper ones become almost invisible.
Many years ago, women started using active essential oils to care for sensitive facial skin. Today, essential oils are the active ingredients in most cosmetic creams and products designed to fight wrinkles and keep skin looking youthful.
There are over 3000 plants used to make ether. However, about 300 types are used in cosmetics. Recently, interest in natural and ecological products has increased dramatically. Therefore, it is not surprising that experienced cosmetologists use essential oils so actively. They can also be used independently at home and added to the preparation of masks, lotions, and creams.
Benefits of anti-wrinkle essential oils
Essential oil is an entirely natural and natural product presented in the form of an oily liquid with a characteristic taste and aroma. This type of oil evaporates quickly at room temperature, leaving behind no ugly greasy stains. Essential oil is extracted from various parts of plants by pressing, pulling, or distilling.
This type of oil contains a large number of valuable substances that are necessary for the human body:
- Trace elements;
- phytosterols etc.
All these substances help to restore or establish complete metabolic processes in the body. Moreover, each oil has a specific effect and unique properties. Thanks to the correct and regular use of essential oils, there is an excellent opportunity to maintain the beauty and youth of the skin.
If small wrinkles appear, the skin loses elasticity; the color worsens; it becomes limp or becomes covered with age spots; it is recommended to use appropriately selected essential oils for care. You can add them to regular cream, homemade masks, or other beauty products.
Essential oils have the following effects on the skin
- Prevent pore enlargement;
- In the application area, lymph and blood circulation are improved;
- The process of fat production is standardized;
- The production of fibrinogen and collagen is stimulated;
- Metabolic processes in the skin structure are accelerated;
- Skin cells feed on valuable substances;
- Has a moisturizing effect.
Essential oils for the skin can be divided into several groups, depending on the effect.
- For oily skin – lemongrass, tea tree, patchouli, eucalyptus, lemon, cinnamon, camphor, tangerine, fir, clove, rosemary.
- Anti-acne – eucalyptus, grapefruit, chamomile, bergamot, geranium.
- For sensitive and dry skin prone to flaking – sandalwood, rose, jasmine, lavender, lemon balm, chamomile, mint, thyme, and rosewood.
- Anti-aging signs (dull skin tone, sagging, pigmentation, and wrinkles) – frankincense, jojoba, ylang -ylang, cinnamon, nutmeg, rose, grapefruit, primrose, carrot seed, violet, myrtle, chamomile, borage.
Also, read about the health benefits of tea tree oil.
Rules for using anti-wrinkle essential oils for facial skin
For essential oils to bring only benefits, it is necessary to choose the proper remedy. It is critical that the oil is not only suitable for your skin type but also helps to solve existing problems.
When using essential oils at home for skincare on your own, you should follow the following tips:
- Use oils to massage your face – Apply a few drops to your fingertips and then gently rub in along the massage lines.
- The oils enrich cosmetic creams and masks that can prepare at home. In this case, you need to follow the following proportions-for 15 g of the product (ready-made cream or lotion), 3-4 drops of essential oil are taken.
- The oils contain unique components that are natural filters that protect the skin from the adverse effects of sunlight. Before sunbathing, it is recommended to use essential oils to prevent the adverse effects of ultraviolet radiation on the skin.
- It is essential for the health and beauty of the facial skin that the muscles are relaxed during the procedure. Aromatic oils help with this, as they affect the condition of skin cells and emotions. You can add 4-5 drops to an aroma lamp or bath.
- They cannot use all essential oils in their pure form, so the base oil is taken to make masks. It is necessary to follow the following proportions – 2-3 drops of ether per 1 tbsp. l. base oil. This combination will have a softer effect on the skin. Such masks can also be made independently, considering existing skin problems.
- To make homemade cosmetics, you can mix several oils simultaneously. Therefore, their efficiency increases. However, combining more than 6-7 oils is not recommended. To nourish and regenerate the skin, it is enough to use 2-3 types of oil at once.
- Do not use one product or combination for more than 3 weeks. After this period, you must take a break for a few weeks. If the same essential oil is used for a long time, its strength will necessarily decrease.
- Each oil contains specific active ingredients. Therefore, you should first familiarize yourself with the current contraindications and restrictions. You must first consult with a beautician.
See also where sandalwood oil is used.
Contraindications to the use of anti-wrinkle essential oils for facial skin
It is not recommended to use natural essential oils for skin care or rejuvenation in the following cases:
- The presence of individual intolerance;
- Malfunctions in the cardiovascular system;
- In the fact of a tendency to convulsions;
- With epilepsy;
- During pregnancy;
- Children under 6 years old.
See also the contraindications of lavender essential oil for facial skin.
A variety of anti-wrinkle essential oils
Today, it is not difficult to buy essential oils; this natural remedy has a relatively low cost. Not only do oils penetrate the skin cells quickly, but they also travel quickly through the bloodstream. Therefore, it is recommended to use them as effective prevention and an effective way to fight wrinkles.
Most importantly, you need to choose the right essential oil based on the effect on the skin:
- Ylang ylang oil – improves skin tone, restores elasticity and firmness, and helps eliminate inflammation. Regulates and normalizes the process of fat production.
- Bergamot oil – has a tonic effect on the skin and brightens and smoothes the epidermis. It contributes to the narrowing of pores and normalizes the production of sebum. Provided regular use, it helps to get rid of acne and skin rashes.
- Lemon oil – contributes to the acceleration of the process of regeneration of skin cells; it has a pronounced rejuvenating effect. Thanks to its use, the epidermis is gently whitened, and the skin tone is evened out. After this, it becomes softer, smoother, and more elastic.
- Rose oil – provides high-quality hydration and helps to get rid of fine imitations of wrinkles; deeper folds become almost invisible. The skin is smooth, more elastic, and moisturized, giving a healthy and fresh tone.
- Sandalwood oil – perfectly moisturizes and softens dry skin. It contains unique substances that make the skin thicker and more elastic, which is why resistance to aging appears. You can eliminate surface and expression lines if you add just a few drops regularly to your regular day cream.
- Eucalyptus oil can become indispensable for taking care of tired and flabby skin that has lost its firmness and elasticity. It also helps to get rid of skin inflammations.
- Patchouli oil – has a lifting effect on the skin. As a result, the skin’s surface is leveled, and the epidermis moisturizes. This type of oil is considered one of the most effective in the fight against the aging process of facial skin.
- Orange oil – removes ugly oily sheen, has a whitening effect, helps get rid of freckles and age spots, and increases elasticity and firmness of the skin.
- Clove oil – helps to restore the aging of the skin and eliminate abscesses and inflammation.
- Geranium oil – with regular use, skin aging is reversed. The production of collagen and elastin fibers is activated. The skin is tightened, and deep folds are smoothed out. Recommended for use in case of significant weight loss.
- Frankincense oil – is an excellent prevention against the appearance of wrinkles. Eliminates fine wrinkles around the eyes and mouth.
- Myrrh oil – has an antioxidant effect, skin cells receive reliable protection against the action of free radicals, and skin membrane renewal is accelerated. Skin laxity and small wrinkles are eliminated.
- Sage Oil – normalizes sebaceous glands, reduces pores, improves skin tone, improves complexion.
- Grape seed oil – has a pronounced antioxidant effect and helps fight against free radicals that destroy cells. The process of cell regeneration and restoration is accelerated significantly. The oil contains vitamin E, which helps to quickly get rid of wrinkles, including small folds around the eyes.
Also, read about the benefits of peppermint essential oils for the face.
How to get rid of wrinkles at home?
To prepare homemade masks, you must mix all essential oils for wrinkles with a basic foundation. Camphor, peach, linseed, burdock, sea buckthorn, or almonds are ideal choices in the latter case. All these oils are great for forehead and eyelid care. Most importantly, you only need to use those types of oil that have been obtained using the cold-pressed method. For dehydrated skin, you can also take sunflower oil.
To perform this cosmetic procedure, you must take a cloth mask with slits for the mouth, nose, and eyes in advance. You can make it yourself or use ready-made.
Compacting is done according to the following plan:
- In a ceramic container, mix 25 ml of jojoba oil and grape seed oil;
- Heat the oil mixture in a water bath;
- Add 2 drops of geranium and sage oil to the composition and mix well;
- With the resulting design, saturate the material mask and apply it to the previously cleansed skin of the face;
- Leave the compress for 30 minutes, then dry the skin with mycelial tonic;
- After such a compress, washing or applying the cream is unnecessary.
Face lifting mask
To perform the method of active skin regeneration, you need to do the following:
- Take the egg white and beat with a mixer until a stable foam is formed;
- Add 5-6 tbsp to the protein. l. infusion of lemon balm and chamomile;
- Stir the mixture and add 1 tsp. non-fat sour cream;
- Add 1 drop each of lavender and geranium oil;
- Apply the composition to clean skin and leave for 30 minutes;
- After the specified time, wash off the residue of the product with warm water;
- Dry the skin with a cotton pad dipped in an infusion of chamomile and lemon balm.
Firming and smoothing mask
To prepare such a composition, you need to follow the following tips:
- Take 25 g of softened butter and beat with chicken stock;
- Add the juice of 1 lemon to the composition – the result should be an airy cream;
- Add 1 drop of lavender and jasmine essential oil;
- Mix the design well and apply to the skin;
- Leave for 40 minutes, then rinse with mycelial water or a mild tonic;
- After using such a mask, you do not need to wash or apply the cream.
Nourishing anti-aging mask
The preparation process for this product is straightforward and does not take much time:
- Take pulp from avocado and mash with a fork – you need 30 g of mashed potatoes;
- Add 1 tsp. Low-fat cottage cheese and 1 tsp. liquid honey;
- Grind the resulting composition well so that it becomes homogeneous, and add 2 drops of frankincense essential oil;
- The finished mask is applied in a thick layer to the previously cleansed skin of the face;
- After 30 minutes, the mask is washed off with warm water;
- Then you need to wash with cold water.
After using such a mask, applying a nourishing cream to the skin is unnecessary, as there is a risk of oversaturation of the skin, which should not be allowed. It is best to massage the skin with a cosmetic lotion, which will close the pores and give the skin tone and a more youthful appearance.
Eye mask for tone and brightening
To care for the sensitive and delicate skin around the eyes, a banana mask is ideal:
- Mash the puree of one banana with a fork until pureed, and add 1 tsp. almond oil;
- 1 tsp is added. Fresh parsley juice;
- It is added to the composition with 1 drop of lemon and rosemary oil;
- Mix all the components well and apply the composition to the previously cleansed face, but avoid getting the mixture into the eyes;
- With your fingertips, begin to rub the mixture into the skin gently;
- After 30 minutes, the dried mask is removed with micellar water;
- No cream is needed after the procedure.
Mask for dry and aging skin of the eyelids
To prepare an anti-aging mask, you need to take:
- Chop 30 g of fresh spinach and rub with a spoon until you get a mixture of coarse condition;
- Add 1 tsp. Milk and 1 tsp. unrefined linseed oil;
- Add 1 drop each of sandalwood and patchouli essential oils;
- Mix the composition nicely and apply to the skin under the eyes;
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, then rinse off with warm water;
- Apply a moisturizing gel or cream to the skin.
Regular and correct use of anti-wrinkle essential oils for facial skin care helps to maintain beauty and youth. To prevent the adverse effects that oils can have, you must first perform a sensitivity test and consult with a cosmetologist who will help you choose the perfect remedy to solve the current problem.