Many people confuse a sprain from a strain. Straining your muscles mean you have either used it too much, or have dealt it a lot of stress. This is what usually happens when you start a new workout regime, especially if those muscles have not been used much prior to the work out.
A sprain, unlike a strain, is more serious. While a strain pertain to stress on the muscle, a sprain pertains to a ligament tear or damage and usually takes longer to heal. In this article, we’ll be talking about essential oils for sprains that you can use.
Symptoms That You Have A Sprained Ligament
A ligament is a tough tissue band that connects bones, joints and tendons together. While most ligaments in the body are harder to trace with your bare fingers, the more obvious ligaments you can try feeling for are the ones in your wrists, ankles, knees and elbows, though ligaments found in the back, neck and shoulders are also prone to injury.
You may have a sprained ligament if you are experiencing any of these symptoms:
- You feel pain, on the joint either itself, or the areas surrounding it.
- You are not able to use the said joint normally, associated with the inability to put any weight on it.
- You notice any signs of swelling or bruising to the area.
- You notice a tenderness when you touch the area.
Essential Oils for Sprains You Can Use
Before attempting to use any home remedies, going to a doctor is the first thing you should do. You should not attempt to self-medicate, else you undermine the extent of the injury.
Using home remedies like essential oils should only be used if you know what you are doing, or have already sought medical advice and were given the go signal to use essential oils at home. Neglected or wrongly treated injuries can lead to a lot of complications, healing incorrectly and forming mass to say the least.
- Chamomile Essential Oil (Analgesic, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory)
- Cypress Essential Oil (Antispasmodic)
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil (Analgesic and antispasmodic)
- Geranium Essential Oil (Anti-inflammatory)
- Lavender Essential Oil (Analgesic, antispasmodic)
- Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil (Analgesic, antispasmodic)
- Pine Essential Oil (Circulatory stimulant)
- Rosemary Essential Oil (antispasmodic, circulatory)
- Vetiver Essential Oil (Antispasmodic, circulatory stimulant and rubefacient)
How To Use Essential Oil For Sprain
Using essential oils can decrease both inflammation and increase the blood circulation in the injured, which is ideal for expediting the healing process. They are also known to relieve pain, though we are only going to use them to use them topically in this article.
- Blend 2 drops of any oil essential oil of your choice together with a teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil.
- Apply the mixture to the sprain, and then put on a warm pack over the injured region for about 2 minutes at a time.
- You may likewise utilize this natively constructed muscle rub on the range after the initial 24 hours.
- On the off chance that the region of the sprain is still excited, the ideal approach to utilize the oils would be in a chilly/frigid pack. Put 6 drops altogether of one or a blend of the oils above in a bowl of 500ml of frosty (ideally frosted) water. Douse a bit of texture in the water, wring out the abundance, put over the influenced range and cover with stick film. Leave until it warms to body warm. This can be rehashed two or three times for especially awful strains.
- It is additionally conceivable to exchange frosty and hot packs. Each ought to applied for a few minutes and the cycle hot/icy ought to be rehashed two or 3 times, continually finishing with an icy pack.
- At the point when swelling has died down, it is a smart thought to clean up. Put 8 drops altogether of at least one of the above key oil in three tablespoons of Dead Sea Salt. Mix well to scatter the oils, and after that fill the shower before dousing your body for up to 20 minutes. On the off chance that you can shoulder it, an ice shower will significantly, more if taken as quickly as time permits after the underlying damage.
- There is an additional choice of using a foot drench in the event that you do not have a bathtub: 5 drops of oils weakened in salt and poured in a bowl of boiling hot water. Douse the feet for around 10 minutes. Once more, an icy foot shower will function admirably promptly after the harm to control swelling.
Benefits of Using Essential Oils
Home remedies like essential oils are a good option of relieving your pain more naturally. While painkillers are more convenient to use, using essential oil is very natural and will not have lasting effects in your body. Besides which, popping pills tend to make you feel groggy and are not good for the overall health of your liver anyway. Share if you have found this article useful.